The Library and Information Building is a 5-story building, a basement included, of 11,000 square meters. There are 1,400 seats, an internet access service of 200 cable connections, and a wireless environment.
Being established spirit of our University, we plant tree to symbolize that "It takes ten years to nurture a tree, but a hundred years to train a man". Our goal is to pursue outstanding achievements and innovations with good atmosphere.
The International Buddies Club is a great platform for our students meet new people and learn different cultures. The purpose is to let our international students get used to their environment quickly and feel comfortable with their new environment.
The main goal of Volunteer Day is to inspire students to create social change by incorporating volunteering and community engagement into their daily lives. It provides participants the opportunity to learn about issues which they may not have been aware of and what they can do to help.
|University||Cheng Shiu University|
|Type of School||Private Technological and Vocational University|
|Location||Kaohsiung City ,Taiwan|
|Students||15,000 to 20,000|
(For Intl. Students)
Cheng Shiu University was founded on the banks of Cheng Ching lake in Kaohsiung , Taiwan in 1965. Established as a Junior College originally, Cheng Shiu was promoted to an Institute of Technology in 1999 and upgraded to full university status in 2003. The University is currently comprised of 19 academic departments which organized under the College of Engineering, College of Management, and the College of Life and Creativity. Cheng Shiu University is designed to promote the cultivation of well-rounded individuals equally adept in science and the humanities.
1. Winner for innovative and outstanding International inventions exhibition award . Total 114 medals (37gold,34 silver,43 bronze) in 2015.
2. 10 consecutive times obtaining the grant of teaching excellent project from Ministry Of Education.
3. CSU received Industrial-Academic Paradigm project from Ministry of Education from 2011 to 2016.
4. Outstanding performance in industry-academe cooperation, ranked #1 among private universities in Taiwan and 11 consecutive times(two year at a time) Excellence in Industrial-Academic Cooperation Award praised by Chinese institute of Engineers since 1996.
5. The super Micro Mass Research and Technology Center of CSU is the only one institute in Taiwan. Its Dioxin analysis capabilities have reached the international laboratory standard.
6. Excellent Relationship with International Sister Institutions across Asia, Europe and America, over 151 sister relationship school in 23 countries.
7. Alumni Miss Hsu Shu-ching won the silver medal in 2012 Olympic Games and gold medal in 2016 Olympic Games for Taiwan olny Olympic game medal.
The information is supported by Study in Taiwan.
|Program Title||Field of Study||Level||English|
|Department of Architectural Engineering||- Architecture and urban planning||BA, MA||<50%|
|Department of Business Administration||- Management and administration||BA, MA||50%|
|Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering||- Computer use||BA, MA||<50%|
|Department of Early Childhood Care and Education||- Education science||BA, MA||<50%|
|Department of International Trade||- International trade||BA||50%|